Wilderness Island Resort
is part of the local Environment
Environment - Being
very dependent on a healthy environment, we are constantly looking
for ways to lessen our impact on nature.
Here are some of the ways we lessen our
- We use environmentally friendly 4-stroke
outboard motors to significantly reduce outboard emmissions.
- We have also arranged a unique composting
system with which we "recycle" all of our resort's
food waste and avoid potential problems with our Black Bear neighbours.
- We also collect all of the aluminum cans
at our resort and donate them to a local environmental group,
- We ship all of our garbage off of the
lake to be disposed properly at a licensed waste disposal site.
- We keep a significant library on the local
flora and fauna to help educate any of our guests who are interested
in studying ecosystems, the environment, and the impact of human
activity on them.
22057 - 44 Great Northern Road
Sault Ste Marie ON Canada P6B 6H4
May - September (705) 884-2215
October - April (705) 946-2010