Planning Your Vacation
Planning and Reserving your vacation is just a few easy steps:
- Choose your Vacation Package
- Choose your Vacation Dates
- Contact us to Reserve your Vacation:
- Phone us October - April at (705) 946-2010, or at our resort May - September at (705) 884-2215 or
- Use our Reservation Request Form and we will contact you. Reservation Request Form
- Reservation Information:
- We will need your name, address
and phone number as well as number of people in you party and
the package you have decided on
- We will ask if you are arriving
and departing by train or float plane, or a combination with
float plane one way and tran the other
- If you have chosen a meal plan,
we will need to know if any of your party has dietary issues
or concerns so we can accommodate them
- We are very flexible and love to
accommodate our guests in every way we can, so if you would like
to customize your vacation package, arrival or departure, or
you would like to add something to your vacation for a special
celebration or any other reason, please allow us to customize
your vacation for the most enjoyment possible.
- At this time you can order beverages
or food items, guiding services, rental fishing equipment etc.
Your can also order extras any time up to your arrival either
by phone, mail or through request forms on our website. We are remote so we appreciate a couple weeks lead on orders especially if they are not usual items or services.
- We need a deposit of $100 person
to confirm your reservation. Your deposit can be paid by VISA
or Mastercard over the phone, or you can send us a cheque.
- We confirm your Vacation by mail.
We can also confirm by email for last minute reservations.
- Cancellations of reservations must
be received at least 3 months before arrival to get a full refund
of your deposit less $10/person processing fees. Cancellations
less than 3 months before arrival, deposits may be refunded or
credited to a future reservation depending on circumstances.
- Preparing for Your Vacation:
- If you are vacationing from outside
Canada make sure you have appropriate travel documents:
- From the United States - Passport
or other secure documents for identification to get back into
the United States. (Documents needed to get into the United States
are more than adequate for US citizens to enter Canada)
- Other parts of the world you will need a passport and perhaps a Travel Visa depending on the part
of the world you come from.
- Activities we recommend on your way to our resort:
- Accommodations we reccommend on
your travels to our resort:
- Lakeshore Salzburgerhof Resort on Lake Superior www.SalzburgerhofResort.comLakeshore Salzburgerhof Resort is about 45 minutes north of Sault Ste Marie on the Lake Superior Coast at Batchawana Bay. This is a great place to stay with delicious German/Canadian food. They are listed in "Where to Eat in Canada". They also provide passes to the Provincial Parks in the area. Lakeshore Salzburgerhof Resort is owned by Doris's family and they give a 10% discount to our guests on their first nights stay.
- Helpful Hints for travel planning
- Travel accommodations, packing suggestions, contact numbers and other area information.
- Travel and Medical Insurance is something you
almost never need on vacation. But, if an unexpected situation
arises insurance can save considerable expense and stress. This
website provides insurance quotes from a number of travel and
medical insurance providers. www.InsureMyTrip.com
- Food or Groceries
- When travelling to another country,
including Canada, there are restrictions on the amount of food
and types of food, you can cross the border with. Our best advice
is regarding bringing food into Canada is, "If in doubt,
don't bring it", buy it here in Canada.
- Buying groceries at the good quality, competive grocery stores in Sault Ste Marie Canada can save you time and aggravation at the border. In Sault Ste Marie we reccommend Romes Independant Grocer and METRO on Great Northern Rd. These grocery stores have competitive prices, good service, pharmacies and are conveniently located.
Beer Store and Liquor Store
22057 - 44 Great Northern Road
Sault Ste Marie ON Canada P6B 6H4
May - September (705) 884-2215
October - April (705) 946-2010